|All goods may be imported or exported except for restricted, prohibited and controlled goods under Section 31 of the Customs order, 2006. |
Every imported & exported goods should be declared to the RCED by a declaration form except for the following goods:
Declaration should give full and true account of the number of packages, cases description of goods, value, weight, measure or quantity and country of origin of the goods.
- Passenger hand baggage's or personal effect on arrival.
- Goods arriving by post except for dutiable goods.
Customs Declaration Form must be submitted in triplicate and attached together with the following supporting documents :
- Invoice or purchase bill.
- Freight and Insurance Payment Slips.
- Delivery Order or Air Waybill.
- Packing List.
Other than the above documents, importer should also provide other documents related to the imported goods required by Customs coinciding with the declaration of goods such as:
- Certificate of Origin.
- Certificate of Analysis.
- A.P (Approval Permit) of the RCED.
- Import license issued by the relevant Government Department/Agencies.
- Verification Certificate of a recognized foreign agency.
- Other relevant documents.
- Personal qualified to declare.
- The owners or importers or exporters are qualified to declare the imported/exported goods to RCED.
Conditions of qualification of importer and exporter:
- The owner may authorize the agents or forwarders as their representatives in declaration.
Registration of Company:
- Trader or Agent ID registrations;
- Every company or agents/forwarder must be registered with the RCED.
- Individual registration is not compulsory however customers (traders) are advised to make use of the services of Customs agents (forwarders).
Documents for Registration:
- Application form available at the Customer Services Unit of RCED Headquaters, Jalan Menteri Besar.
- The application will be entered into the computer system of RCED, i.e Computer Control and Information System (CCIS).
- A copy of the company's registration certificate.
- A copy of smart identity card.